HELP FAMILIES DEVASTATED BY MASSIVE FLOODS AND CONTINUE TO INVEST IN THE GROWTH OF THE LOCAL CHURCH!
Parts of Africa have faced heavy rainfall and widespread flooding. Many weather stations recorded the heaviest rainfall in 40 years. Floods and flash floods have directly affected almost 2.4 million people across Africa. One specific community we have been investing in, really is in desperate need. More than 67,000 people were affected by recent floods and 40,000 have lost everything. Floodwaters have damaged, or destroyed thousands of homes, washed away their gardens, their farms, and their livestock.
We have been working in these communities already and have seen God raise up 1,755 new followers of Christ and 195 new churches over the last several years. But these communities have historically been populated by radical Muslims. They have persecuted the church and our church planters. They have attacked believers, burned churches, and one church planter was even killed recently.
So you can imagine how shocked the leaders of these Muslim communities were, when our Regional Director arrived just the other day, with our local Coordinator, to offer assistance to the people who have been devastated by this disaster. They were blown away that the Christians they have been persecuting would be the first to step in and help. Even adding to their gratitude by saying, “Muslims have not come to help and the Government has not come to help either. Thank you so much for your willingness to help!”
Right now, there is an urgent need to provide emergency relief such as food supplies and essential equipment. We are convinced that meeting this immediate need will help those who are hurting and provide fertile soil for future church planting in this region.
Please join us by donating, praying for this endeavor, spreading the word, and encouraging others to contribute as well. This not only saves lives, but it also maintains the church planting momentum in the region. Our goals are to provide $133,500 for emergency relief now and see 50 new churches planted in this region in 2021.
Help Us Meet this Incredible Need!
Save Lives – In this life and death situation, the love of God demands a response with emergency food, water, and desperately needed household supplies.
Preserve disciple-making momentum – The affected communities need humanitarian help and spiritual strength in this time of crisis. Providing emergency supplies through the 195 house churches and 1,755 followers of Christ in this predominantly Muslim region strengthens their witness. It prepares the community’s hearts for future disciple-making.
Lay the foundation for future church planting –Providing care in crisis times lays the foundation for redemptive relationships. These relationships can open doors to bring the gospel to communities where church planters have not been welcome and the gospel has not been wanted. Through your support of New Generations, you can empower churches to become a life-saving team for the displaced and needy.
HELP A FAMILY IN NEED!
You can help feed a family for $425 or by buying one or more of the items below.
- 30kg of their local grain $125
- 20kg Bag of Wheat Flour $64
- 10kg Bag of Rice $30
- 5 Liters of Cooking Oil $45
- 10 Liters of Liquid Soap $36
- Mattress & Sheets $60
- Malaria protective net $25
- Cooking Materials & Water Containers $40
KINGDOM IMPACT GOALS
- 300 Families Served in 2020
- 50 Churches Planted in 2021
- 450 New Believers in 2021
Our goal is to serve 300 families who have been most devastated by this disaster!
- 300 Bags of Grain $37,500
- 300 Bags of Wheat $19,200
- 300 Bags of Rice $9,000
- 1500 Liters of Cooking Oil $13,500
- 3000 Liters of Soap to Fight Covid19 $10,800
- 300 Mattress with Sheets $18,000
- 300 Nets to fight off Malaria $7,500
- 300 Sets of Cooking Materials $12,000
- Transportation & fuel $4,000
- Other essential labor $2,000
TOTAL COSTS $133,500
This project will have incredible outcomes for the Kingdom of God!
- Life-saving resources will be provided to 300 families identified as most affected by the flooding within our church planting sites in this region.
- Those who do not know Jesus will see that the Good News is something that you can feel as well as hear. This will open up wonderful new opportunities.
- There will be a clear contrast between the warm love of God and the cold indifference of Islam that turns away from hurting people.
- New believers will learn that loving their neighbor is a fundamental part of following Jesus.
At New Generations, honoring a donor’s intent is a high value. In rare cases where donations exceed what is needed, circumstances change, or local conditions prevent program implementation, New Generations will redirect funds to a similar need, to reflect the donor’s intent, as much as possible.
INVEST IN THE CAUSE
Help serve those devastated by the floods and further the growth of the Kingdom!