Extensive Drought – Extreme Hunger
Once again, the people of Northern Kenya are experiencing chronic hunger due to a severe drought.
Recurring droughts make it difficult for farmers and herders to produce crops and feed livestock. Children are affected most. New Generation’s staff in the region say tens of thousands of children in Northern Kenya are at risk as they struggle to get enough to eat. If they survive, their future could be drastically impacted.
This crisis not only creates large‐scale suffering, it has an impact on what has been an amazing movement of God. East Africa is a region where we’ve seen 7,122 churches planted over the last 14 years, some to the 11th generation!
When these droughts happen, people begin moving away from their homes in order to find food and water to survive. This changes the fabric of community life and breaks down the church planting momentum that has already taken place. People end up in famine camps or migrating to new areas in the hopes of survival.
We want to serve those in need, feed the hungry, and help families stay together. This not only saves lives, it maintains the church planting momentum in the region. Our goals are to provide $120,00 for emergency relief and see 120 new churches with 3600 new believers in 2019!
Help Us Meet this Incredible Need!
Save Lives – In this life and death situation, the love of God demands a response with emergency food, water and restocking animals.
Preserve church planting momentum – The affected communities need both humanitarian help and spiritual strength in this time of crisis. Providing the emergency supplies in the communities where our churches are planted will enable families to survive and church groups to stay together and continue to multiply.
Lay the foundation for future church planting – Providing care in times of crisis lays the foundation for future relationships. And these relationships can open doors to bring the gospel to communities where the church planters so far have not been welcome and the gospel has not been wanted. Through your support of New Generations, we can empower churches to become a life-saving team for others who are displaced and needy.
HELP US MEET THE NEED
You can help feed a family in need by buying one or more of the items below.
- 5 Liters of cooking oil $15
- 1 Bag of Porridge $60
- 1 Bag of Maize $70
- 1 Bag of Beans $129
- Families Served 1500
- Churches Planted 120
- New Believers 3600
- 400 Bags of porridge $31,000
- 400 Bags of maize $36,000
- 400 Bags of beans $65,000
- 400 Liters of cooking oil $1,500
- 25 trips with a water truck $4,375
- Transportation & fuel $4,000
- Other essential labor $2,000
TOTAL COSTS $119,975
How God has moved in the past and our hope for the future
Unfortunately, drought and famine are common in East Africa. In fact, in 2011, New Generations and our partners provided similar resources of food, water, and medical aid for 20,000 people. During this same initiative, we also saw God raise up 4500 new believers in 600 new churches that reproduced to the fifth generation! We remain convinced that God can do something similar through this initiative.
This project will have incredible outcomes for the Kingdom of God!
- Life-saving resources will be provided to 1500 families identified as most affected by the drought within our church planting sites in Northern Kenya.
- When people do not have to wander looking for food and water, the communities will be stabilized and the momentum of our current church planting will continue.
- Those who do not know Jesus will see that the Good News is something that you can feel as well as hear. This will open up wonderful new opportunities.
- There will be a clear contrast between the warm love of God and the cold indifference of Islam that turns away from hurting people.
- New believers will learn that loving their neighbor is a fundamental part of following Jesus.
INVEST IN THE CAUSE
Help fight the famine and launch movements!