Over many years, New Generations has been building a global workforce that is “all in” on the idea of movements being central to the next era of world missions. Our conviction is that movements comprised of chain reactions of disciples making disciples and churches planting churches will be what God uses to bring about the completion of the Great Commission.
The last time we did a census, there were over 23,000 leaders and workers around the world who consider themselves “on the team” even though they are not on staff with New Generations. Within the incredible diversity of a global team, the glue that holds us together is a Shared Mission and Shared Values. Here is a quick look into what we all hold in common:
Our Mission: Catalyze Disciple Making Movements Everywhere
Everywhere is not just about geography. It includes people groups, affinity groups, and the cities around the world that now contain most of the earth’s population. Everywhere means EVERYONE!
Our Five Values:
- God Directed: We listen to our Father and do what He says. Obedience to the will of God revealed in the word of God is at the heart of all we do because Jesus said, “If you love Me, you will obey my commands” (Jn. 14:15).
- Replication Obsessed: We make sure the process transfers with the disciples. Multiplication is about the number of disciples growing, but replication is about each generation passing on the discipleship process to the next generation.
- Apostolically Spirited: We focus on the “pioneer places” where the Gospel has never been or has never flourished. The Greek word for “apostle” is where we get the term, “missionary”. In that role, the apostle is used by God to make something happen that couldn’t happen without them but is designed not to depend on them.
- Locally Led: We let those who live in an area lead in that area. There is an old adage that says, “Start like you want to finish.” Where we want to finish is having local leaders in charge of indigenous movements; so that is how we start. We want to empower them to fulfill their destiny in the place God planted them.
- Kingdom Committed: We expect the gospel to transform individuals, families, and communities.
From the beginning of His ministry (Mt. 4), Jesus proclaimed the “gospel of the Kingdom.” The basic idea was that the devil messed everything up and that Jesus plans to use His people and His power to set things right by bringing the Kingdom of God into communities of need.
No curriculum, system, or methodology will last more than a few generations. We are convinced that the only hope to create an ongoing chain reaction of disciples and churches is to make sure that the biblical discipleship DNA is always present and always transferred from one generation to another.
We believe a Shared Mission and Shared Values create a common culture that lays the foundation for a global Kingdom impact. These unify us in a way that supersedes all of our differences and creates a global family of ministries who have different names but share one vision, one purpose, and use one process: disciples making disciples and getting their friends and family to do the same.
We have long believed that ideas that spread – win! Right now, we are watching God spread the idea that Disciple Making Movements can happen anywhere, and therefore they should happen everywhere!